Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Discovery!

Each morning the children participate in "Discovery".
This is a learning activity that involves the children practising and consolidating their skills and knowledge, as well as exploring the world around them. In addition to this we focus on different "Key Competencies". These are the part of the New Zealand Curriculum which involve Thinking, Relating to Others, Understanding Symbols and Text, Managing Self, Participating with Others.
Later in the term we will reduce the number of sessions we have, but will retain this valuable (and popular!) part of the learning week.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there learners,
    I thought that I might come and join you for Discovery one morning. Watch out for me because I might pop in on Friday and I will need some help with something I don't know how to do ...yet.

    ReplyDelete